- CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE DCAP OFFICE FOR ANY REASON.
- DCAP Cancellation/Rescheduling policy: Once a mediation date has been set, DCAP will only reschedule or cancel a mediation if the mediation reschedule or cancellation request is received by all parties. If DCAP receives the written cancellation/rescheduling communication by all parties more than 10 days before the set mediation, the $150 deposit/fee per party will be refunded. If the written cancellation/rescheduling communication is received by all parties to DCAP within 10 days of the set mediation, the $150 deposit/fee per party will not be refunded. If the deposit/fee had not been received by the time of cancellation and the parties are canceling within the 10 day period, the $150 will be due immediately. DCAP does not establish fault of cancellation. All parties WILL be charged regardless of reason of cancellation. It is up to the parties to pay DCAP immediately and if needed, work out reimbursement between themselves. There is no three day extension for mail or fax notification.
- After 5pm Policy: The DCAP Mediation will end at 5 PM. If the case has not been resolved at that time, you may choose from the following options:
- An impasse is called and you may go to trial or settle outside of court.
- If you wish to proceed with this mediation past 5:00 p.m., you will be charged the mediator's then hourly rate plus and administrative fee of $100 which will be split 50% / 50% by each party and paid in cash, check, or online at the end of the evening.
- If you wish to proceed with this mediation at a later date, you may reschedule with the mediator at his or her convenience at his or her then hourly rate.
- If you wish to proceed with this mediation at a later date, you may reschedule through DCAP at the same rate, but you are not guaranteed the same mediator that you had previously.
- Prepare the Mediator: All Live Pleadings, Inventories, Temporary Orders, or any other document relating to this case must be sent to the Mediator at least 3 business days in advance of the scheduled mediation date.
- You are not guaranteed the assigned mediator, unless this is a level 3 or 4 case. DCAP is a non-profit organization that does it's best to keep you informed if your mediator changes.
- DCAP COPY POLICY: If any parties wish DCAP to make any additional copies or print outs of any type (fax, email, etc.) besides the provided MSA, there will be a $0.25 per page charge which will be collected at the time of request.
- Regarding determining the level of your case, if this is a divorce, and each party selects that their net estate is a different value then we will consider the mediation the level that the higher amount falls into. All property is presumed to be community.
- Preparing for Mediation
- Prepare the Mediator:
All Live Pleadings, Inventories, Temporary Orders, or any other document relating to this case must be sent to the Mediator at least 3 business days in advance of the scheduled mediation date.
Come prepared because if any parties wish DCAP to make any additional copies or print outs of any type (fax, email, etc.) besides the provided MSA, there will be a $0.25 per page charge which will be collected at the time of request.
- Mediator Changes:
DCAP is a non-profit organization that does it's best to keep you informed if your mediator changes. You are not guaranteed the assigned mediator, unless it is a level 3 or 4 case.
- Prepare the Mediator:
Rules and Regulations
Please review before booking your mediation.
- We do not, under any circumstances, allow children in our facility. This includes children of attorneys and/or parties. In the case of an illness or an emergency, please feel free to call us and we will reschedule you as soon as we can.
- A mediation will not be scheduled less than 10 days from the receipt by DCAP of a signed Order of Referral with completed Exhibit A forms attached.
- Parties can provide their mediation format preference in-person or via Zoom.
- Cancellations within 10 days of mediation will result in a cancellation fee. You will not be allowed to reschedule unless the cancellation fee is paid.
- Mediation fees must be paid 10 days prior to your mediation date. If not received, the mediation will be cancelled by DCAP, and all applicable fees will apply. Level 2 fees can be paid online under the payment center. For level 3 or 4, please submit payment in the form of cash, law office check (no personal checks), money order, or cashier's check. You may mail them or drop them off to 1504 E McKinney Street, Denton, TX 76209.
- Mediation fees are based on information gathered on completed Exhibit A forms. Per the mediation Order, DCAP will increase the required fee if Exhibit A information is determined to be incorrect.
- All fees must be paid in full prior to mediation commencing. The full fee for mediation must be paid at the beginning of, and on the date that a mediation is scheduled, regardless if said mediation is cancelled or if the mediation is rescheduled. Failure to pay the required fees in full will result in immediate cancellation of the mediation.
We do not hold or reserve dates. In order to schedule or guarantee the date of your choice we require, at minimum of 10 days in advance:
- A DCAP Order of Referral signed by all parties and the presiding Judge;
- Completed Exhibit A forms from both parties; and
- A written agreement regarding the date of mediation from all parties.
*We will not schedule a mediation on our calendar until the paperwork is complete. We will not schedule a mediation less than 10 days from the date of receipt of these items.
- Completed Exhibit A forms are required for ALL ordered mediation Levels 1-3. Regardless of the type of case, an Exhibit A for both parties MUST be provided for all mediations whether Level 1, 2 or 3. Any mediation ordered Level 4 or above is exempt from the Exhibit A. A mediation will not be scheduled without the appropriate Exhibit A forms.
- We do not schedule half day mediations. All mediations are from 9AM to 5PM.
- Please arrive on time. 9:00AM for mediators and petitioners. 9:30AM for respondent. The mediator will dismiss you at the end of mediation. We end mediation at 5:00PM. Extra fees apply after 5:00PM.
- Under no circumstances will a mediation be allowed to continue past 6 pm. Our staff has been instructed that all participants must leave the premises by 6 pm and the doors are to be locked at that time. The following fees will be collected on the date of mediation at 5:00PM. For mediations continuing between 5:00PM and 6:00PM: $50 per side for DCAP plus fees for an hour of the mediator's usual hourly rate, to be divided equally between the parties and paid online on the day of mediation. These fees will be collected on the day of mediation at 5:00PM, no exceptions.
- Level 3 and Level 4 mediators shall be selected from mediators that have signed up for four (4) Level 1 or 2 mediations for DCAP in DCAP's fiscal year in which the Level 3 or 4 is being scheduled.
- Mediations Where a Protective Order Has Been Granted: All mediations where a protective order has been granted will be held at the Denton County Court. Parties shall inform DCAP of the Protective Order in a case when the Order is submitted to DCAP for mediation so that scheduling with the Denton County Court House can be arranged timely.